Healthy Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
In this post, I will show you How To Make healthy cinnamon roasted almonds. Below are the ingredients used and the procedures
- ½ cup pure cane sugar,
- ¾ tsp cinnamon,
- 2 tablespoons filtered water,
- ⅛ tsp salt, optional,
- 1 ½ cups unsalted roasted almonds or raw almonds.
- In a skillet, combine sugar, cinnamon, water, and salt.
- Add almonds to skillet and stir constantly over medium heat, making sure all almonds get coated with the syrupy mixture. Stir until sugar crystallizes and almonds look “furry” with the sugar coating (about 5 minutes). Tip: Don’t go too long or the mixture will turn back into the syrup.
- Remove almonds from heat and scoop out onto wax paper to cool.
If using RAW ALMONDS, spread almonds onto a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes at 350° to bring out a deeper nutty flavor. For best results, do this before cooking in your skillet.
Cleanup: Don’t be alarmed when you end up with a rock-hard crystallized substance on your skillet and spoon after cooking these. Fill your pan with water and drop the spoon in. Sugar residue will dissolve after a minute of soaking.
Enjoy almonds within one week.